Further to the Government’s announcement, that dental practices can re-open in England on 8th June, we are pleased to say that JR Dental Practice will be ready to see our patients. Our opening will be phased over a period of time. Initially we will be seeing patients requiring urgent treatment so if you have contacted us during past few weeks, our intention is that you will hear from us in the coming days.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
- We no longer offer magazines, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
- Payment should be made by card where possible
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice
- Please wait in your car in the Car Park, and we will call you on your mobile phone to summon you for your appointment
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
- Patients should come wearing a mask if possible or be prepared to wear one.
We very much look forward to seeing all our patients again in the near future.