Nervous Patients Care
WE ARE PAIN FREE
It is widely accepted that dental phobia and fear is something that puts many people off visiting the dentist for many years. We are here to help you overcome that fear and the fact that you are reading this means that you have taken your first step towards this goal.
There are few people who feel completely relaxed when visiting the dentist. Some people may feel a little anxious, some may be frightened while others may be so afraid that they visit the dentist only when the pain in their teeth is severe. Fear of dentistry can turn into a vicious cycle as people avoid attending for routine check-ups therefor allowing dental problems to develop until the point when they are in desperate pain.
Our dentist at JR Dental Practice understand that feeling anxious about going to the dentist is very common. We suggest an initial consultation to discuss your dental needs. We are happy to discuss options from simply providing treatment in a calm and relaxed manner. Our entire team is specially trained in caring for nervous patients.
We have successfully treated many very nervous patients over the years, transforming their smiles and the health of their mouths, whilst reducing significantly the anxiety they feel in relation to their dental treatment.
If you are nervous:
- We will first of all meet you just for a chat (consultation) and learn exactly what your worries are. You do not even have to sit in the dental chair initially.
- We will put ourselves in your hands. You are in control at all times. Only treatment that you are comfortable about having carried out will be carried out.
- We will keep you in control. Even if you want us to stop during treatment - just let us know. If we are in the middle of doing something, put your hand up and we will stop IMMEDIATELY.
Remember, our reputation depends on living up to our promises.
Here are some of the challenges we can help our clients overcome:
- Painful or frightening experiences in the past.
- Dentists not listening to your concerns and what you want.
- Fear of invasiveness in your mouth.
- Being conscious of the current condition of your teeth and gums or even bad breath.
- Fear of the sound of a dental drill or the clinical smell of a practice.
- Fear of gagging.
- Guilt of not attending for long periods of time.
Don′t let your fear of the dentist stop you from looking after your teeth. Even viewing our website is a big step for a lot of patients, so keep going with your progress and come in for a chat. We will take care of you from there.
Some of the more frequent reasons for anxiety are listed below, with ways we can help you conquer them.
- I had a bad experience as a child what is it like now?
- Will it hurt?
- I hate not being in control
- I am scared of needles
- I am frightened of the dentist′s drill
- I am embarrassed about how bad my teeth are
- Will I ever feel differently about visiting the dentist?